Farmer’s market on campus

farmer1

I really enjoy the farmer’s markets that set up stalls on campus around once a year selling locally grown food such as fresh fruit, vegetables and homemade cakes although I am slightly averse to the pork pies and other meat dishes for that matter! I usually miss the notice that the market will be on site until I find myself in the midst of it whilst running between lectures so receiving advanced notification this year will allow me to keep some time free to have a nice leisurely browse of the local produce and shop for some cheap healthy food. (Definitely beats sitting through a lecture!)

Every year the organisers put in a great effort to make it bigger and better than previous years with a wider range of foods on display whilst keeping everything sourced from local farmers and businesses. This year the market is on Tuesday 4th March from 9 – 5pm so if you’re in the neighbourhood then be sure to come around. It is quiet something seeing a campus transformed into a market complete with sizzling snacks with an almost festive atmosphere and you can have fun whilst supporting local businesses and saving some money!

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts