Food, food and more food!

IMG-20140423-WA0011I feel pretty bloated. Easily explained when you look back at how I have spent these past two weeks; baking cakes at home, attending weddings (more food) and eating out with family (even more food!). The picture is of a strawberry and chocolate crepe I had just a couple of days ago from Veg Hut on Melton Road. Absolutely delicious! My initial plan of putting my head down and completing my revision notes before the university term starts again went out the window a couple of days in as my social calendar decided now was the perfect time to schedule in events I found tricky to drag myself out of.

I did get some work done though so all is not lost. My dissertation is ready to be sent off for a quick final review by my supervisor and my notes are in progress although behind schedule. Many people keep telling me about the importance of having breaks and enjoying myself every now and then when revising and whilst I know this to be true, I am also quite painfully aware of how my breaks always end up easily outweighing my revision. Not good. The final term of university starts on Monday so I need to remake my revision timetable and really put my head down. Better get going and try and stay away from dessert parlours!

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts