The last few weeks have been crazy for me and incredibly busy! It’s the 5th week of term and the work load has definitely picked up! With this, organising polo, working (the paid sort… ugh) and trying to actually have a social life as well I am always running from one place to another. Anyone that knows me will say I’m a busy person anyway, so if I think it’s full on chances are a lot of people are finding the same thing.
So I thought I’d let you all know my top tips on how to balance a busy schedule:
- Prioritise work with an actual deadline. It’s no use being up to date with all your lecture notes but leaving that essay until the day before it’s due to start it!
- Don’t make plans every evening, sometimes you need a bit of time left free. At least you know there is time you can catch up with yourself, work or whatever TV show you are currently binge watching.
- Try and do something active at least once a week. This is one I am miserably failing at so far, but I am determined to make it to the gym this week. Whatever it is you do exercise is great for your health and also stops you stressing about everything as much (at least for the time that you are doing it).
- Make the effort to see your friends, it’s easy to think this is less important than everything else, but having fun is so much better than shutting yourself away to stress on your own! If you are really pushed for time just arrange a coffee date after one of your lectures (take a look at my blog post about my favourite cafes and bars in Leicester), it’s a great way to chat and doesn’t take up too much time.
- Don’t feel guilty about not managing to do everything straight away, as long as you hit your uni deadlines there is always another day to do the other things, no one will blame you for being busy!