It’s the end of term, I finished last Wednesday (lucky me I know!) but I’m not going home until the end of this week because let’s be honest all the best bits of term happen at the end!
This week I have been on more nights out than I went to in freshers this year and I’ve also has lots of other social events on which have made this week one of the most enjoyable of the term.
We have had our Equestrian Club Christmas meal which was a great night, I’ve been out for lunch with my house (because cooking was too much effort) and have done a secret santa with my course mates. We exchanged them last night and as always with secret santas I think we had mostly worked out who had who. But we did go to the effort off wrapping them in tin foil and Sainsburys bags to try and disguise who bought what!
I love secret santas, it’s more interesting than generic present buying and the price limit means everyone gets a present and it’s not too expensive (yes I have ran out of student loan money and am broke). It’s a really fun way of doing Christmas gifts as a group, but there is always the chance that you will get someone you don’t know that well, so here are some generic fun present ideas you could use for under £10:
- Christmas socks – everybody should get socks for Christmas and in my opinion, they should be Christmas themed (even though you can only wear them for one month of the year, at least you wont have cold feet in December!)
- Sweets – you can get a lot of sweets from a supermarket for £10, you could even buy a nice jar to fill up with them if you wanted to make it a bit special.
- Some form of jokey present from Red5 or Menkind, everyone loves the kind of useless gift that is guaranteed to make everyone laugh that these shops stock. Both can be found in the Highcross shopping centre.
- Novelty mug – chances are you know this person as part of a larger group. So whether it’s course mates, house mates or a society there must be an inside joke that you can by a mug to go with! Can’t find the perfect one? Buy a cheap customisable one with whatever it is you want to say printed on it!
- Cacti – now I’ve said it before but I have a small obsession (okay it’s a pretty big obsession) with cacti and you could definitely get 3 small ones for less than £10! Why would you need to look any further?
So there are just a few ideas for secret santa presents!
Have a wonderful holiday and look out for my next post on how I revise over the holidays!