Caddyshackers – a review…

If you are part of a club or society the chances are you’ve been to Caddyshackers for a social this term! But if not then read on to find out a bit more about Leicester’s new crazy golf venue!

Caddyshackers is an 18 hole mini golf course for over 18s, located on Calais Hill in Leicester city centre (open until midnight seven days a week). They serve a range of craft beers and cocktails (mocktails too), and although they don’t serve food there at the minute you can order Deliveroo if you get hungry whilst you play!

I have been a couple of times and it’s been a lot of fun! The hole designs do change every so often which means if you go more than once it’s still interesting! Some of them are pretty challenging which makes it fun and more competitive, but I think Caddyshackers 6 shots per hole ‘rule’ (I don’t think many people stick to this) is a bit optimistic at some of them if you aren’t particularly good at it (I’m really not).

It’s not too expensive either, especially if you go on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday when it’s half price with student ID, making it only £5 per person. They also have some drinks offers on those evenings! Having said that the drinks are normally fairly expensive, particularly the cocktails, for what they are. They also serve them in plastic cups, which as you probably know by now will never impress me!

This is a great option if you are looking for a fun group activity and is proving popular, I know loads of people that have been and had fun – if you go at on a weekend evening you will probably need to pre book! The only downside I have found is that they make you play in groups of 4, so this splits groups bigger than this. They do it for timing to keep the course running smoothly, but realistically groups bigger than 4 will just wait for each other and go round together. Maybe they should change this and plan for groups of 8, I’ve always been in a group bigger than 4 and have also seen most other people in bigger groups too.

Overall this is a great new venue in Leicester and is a great option for your next evening out – why not go for a post-exam celebration when you have finished?

B x

Beth

About Beth

Hi, my name is Bethan and I'm a third (and final) year Biological Sciences student. I'm also part of the University's Equestrian and Polo Club and I'm this year's Club Captain. I'll be blogging about my course, tips for choosing the right course/uni, and sharing things that I've learnt during my first two years.

View more posts by Beth

Subscribe to Beth's posts