Sports Awards 2018/19

A photo of the stage at Sports Awards

The stage at Sports Awards from the balcony.

This Wednesday was Sports Awards, which is basically a ball which celebrates the achievements of Team Leicester sports clubs and their members over the year. It’s an excuse to have a break from the revision and get dressed up!!

It’s held at the Athena in town, so we all met at our social secs house for photos beforehand, and then got Ubers together to the venue! There’s a professional photographer at the venue which means the clubs all get some nice photos together as a group.

Each club has a table or a couple of tables and there’s a 3 course meal and a couple of bottles of wine for each table! Throughout the evening each of the awards are announced, but whether your club is nominated for them or not it’s a great atmosphere.

This year was a lot of fun and it an amazing last event with the club as club captain. It was also slightly sad for me as it’s probably the last thing I will do with the club after being a member for three years and being on committee for two. I’ve said it before but being part of a sports club really is one of the best things you can do whilst at uni and you should consider it during Freshers next year if you aren’t finishing this year! I have made some of my best friends from Equestrian and I’ve also had the chance to try playing polo which I have loved! All in all it’s been a great three years and I’ll miss the club a lot after I finish!

B x

Beth

About Beth

Hi, my name is Bethan and I'm a third (and final) year Biological Sciences student. I'm also part of the University's Equestrian and Polo Club and I'm this year's Club Captain. I'll be blogging about my course, tips for choosing the right course/uni, and sharing things that I've learnt during my first two years.

View more posts by Beth

Subscribe to Beth's posts