Exam results and student finance

Tension was running high this week at uni and there were a lot of anxious faces as students were awaiting their exam results. It’s been 3 weeks since the end of exam period and the new semester is in full swing so many students (myself included!) had forgot about exams. This was until we received e-mails instructing us to make appointments with our personal tutors. I was so eager to find out my results I ran straight to my tutors office first thing Monday morning. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised with the outcome if not a little bit shocked. It was such a relief to have proof that all the effort and long days of revision had been worth it. Receiving your results so soon after sitting the exams is really helpful as you can see where you are going right (or wrong) and make changes to the way you study in the new semester.

With all the excitement of exam results I hadn’t checked my student bank account for a while (so much for responsibly managing your finances!) I had yet another pleasant surprise when I seen my UoL bursary had been paid in. What a bonus! So before I could plan how to spend it wisely I treated myself to some new clothes and a good night out. I think I deserved it.

Samantha

About Samantha

Samantha graduated in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Samantha

Subscribe to Samantha's posts

4 responses to “Exam results and student finance”

1. Nikki

Glad to hear your exams went well!!

2. Tom

Congrats! We haven’t got ours back yet, but I’m hoping for sometime this week!