The Sun is Shining!!!

In case anyone has been locked in a windowless room for the past few days, we’ve had days of blue skies, blazing sunshine and scorching temperatures-well late teens. I know it’s terribly British  to get overly excited as soon as we have a few days of sunshine but I think you appreciate even more when you are a cash strapped student.

Even though I was very tempted I couldn’t ignore the mid-term exam I’ve got on Tuesday so I packed up my organic revision notes and headed to Victoria park. It seemed like I wasn’t the only one. The park was full, mainly with other like-minded students. Victoria park is large park next to the university and is also where some of the uni sports clubs practice on a Wednesday afternoon.

Being on the park reminded me how culturally diverse Leicester and the university is. Just from walking around I heard several different language being spoken and music spanning every genre you could possibly think of. Despite being too distracted to do any real revision I did feel uplifted and re-energised ready for the week ahead.

Samantha

About Samantha

Samantha graduated in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Samantha

Subscribe to Samantha's posts