Leicester Uni Open Day

Yesterday was the first of many general open days and boy was is it a busy one. Prospective students and their parents flocked in their masses from all over the country (and beyond) to see what Leicester has to offer.

The day was very busy with lots of differnt things going on all over campus giving each student the opportunity to checkout the department they might apply to. Being a devoted chemist I couldn’t resist getting involved and spent the day giving tours around the chemistry department.

Students seemed to enjoy seeing the chemistry labs and got to see the difference between studying science at school and university. At the end of the tour students were giving home made ice-cream. Research students from the department had been busy making the ice cream using cream, fruit and liquid nitrogen! Proof that chemistry is fun! I had to have a taste and they were delicious.

My advice to anyone thinking of going to university is to attend an open day. They run on various dates in the summer and in my opinion are the only way to find out if that uni is right for you. There is only so much you can find out from a prospectus! I’d love to hear back from anyone who came along yesterday or if anyone has any questions i’d be happy to help.

Samantha

About Samantha

Samantha graduated in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Samantha

Subscribe to Samantha's posts