Exam results and your future

Apologies for not posting a blog in awhile, I’ve been pretty busy working my holiday-jobs this august. I know A level students got their results over a week ago, and GCSE students got theirs last week; and I hope you all got what you wanted to get, but if you didn’t, don’t be too disheartened.

I didn’t get the grades first time round to get into my choice University, so I ended up taking a year out, working to earn some money, and retaking two exams to get one of my A level grades up to the standard of the others, so I could get into University the next year. Personally, I’m really glad I did it this way, rather than going through clearing as it gave me time to re-apply through UCAS and not make any rash decisions.

For me, this was the right decision, but it’s not for everyone. Clearing is a great way of getting into a good University, in a course you want to do, and will really enjoy.

I’m putting in a link for the Connexions in Leicester website, as Connexions really helped me during GCSE’s and A-level’s to decide what I wanted to do with my future when I was completely clueless. Once again, I hope you all are happy with your results and choices, and that you really enjoy going to University/College/an apprenticeship/job or whatever else you choose to do.

http://www.connexions-leics.org/

Nikki

About Nikki

Nikki graduated from the University in Summer 2013 with BSc Chemistry and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Nikki

Subscribe to Nikki's posts