Two weeks to go…

It’s starting to get busy in Leicester, as everyone comes back for the start of the new academic year. My house has been pretty empty for the last two weeks, as it’s only been me and one other housemate: and two people in an 8 bedroom, three floor house feels very empty! Three more came back at the weekend just gone though, so the house is starting to feel a lot more homely with five of us here.

Although all of us should be looking to two weeks time and the start of our third (and for most of us) final year at university, mostly we’ve just catching up and watching tv – I’ve been “educated” with “Gavin and Stacey” season 1 – 2.

I’m really looking forward to the next two weeks, as I get to work at two open days, showing people around the chemistry building (which is getting a re-vamp; it will be very exciting to see it when it’s all finished!). It’s also one of my housemates 21st birthday tomorrow so we’re having a massive celebratory house party for her (hippie themed – her choice).

I hope everyone is really excited about doing whatever they have chosen to do/ or have started to do for the next year. If you’re going to Uni, I’d recommend going to the Uni’s fresher’s fair at least once, and to join up to some clubs that you know you like or that are completely new to you and intriguing. Clubs are a great way to meet people that are interested in what you are interested in.

And most of all: Good Luck!

Nikki

About Nikki

Nikki graduated from the University in Summer 2013 with BSc Chemistry and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Nikki

Subscribe to Nikki's posts