Surviving the dissertation blues…

I went to see Les Mis with some of my house-mate’s  last week, which was really nice. As there are quite a few in my house (8) and we all do different subjects (English, History, Sociology, Criminology, Engineering and of course Chemistry) it’s hard to find times to hang out. I was really excited to seeing Les Mis because I’ve seen the theatre performance some years ago, and loved it. The film (thankfully!) lived up to expectations and was a fantastic three hours… if a little long. We all decided that although Russell Crowe’s character, Jalvert,  was meant to be a “baddy” he was one of our favourite characters in the film, and the fact he really couldn’t sing just seemed to make him more appealing.

I am not a big film buff, and have hardly seen any of the classic or famous TV shows, and I don’t watch any soaps, so this year I’ve been trying to sit in on more film nights for my house-mate’s to educate me. Yesterday we watched Phantom of the Opera (can you tell we were in a musical mood after Les Mis?) which was also a great film, and had Gerald Butler in as a bonus.

So this week whilst I soldier on with my project write up (dissertation) I will at least have a lot of amazing songs in my head, to keep me going!

Nikki

About Nikki

Nikki graduated from the University in Summer 2013 with BSc Chemistry and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Nikki

Subscribe to Nikki's posts