Graduation

Nikki Lunnon Degree Certificate 130711

I graduated on a beautifully sunny (in Leicester I know!) Thursday 11th July at 11am. I was pleasantly surprised by how fast the hour and a half ceremony went, which was helped along by Comedian Jonathan Culshaw who did a mini impressionist set for us after he was presented with his honorary degree “Doctor of Laws”. He covered fellow comedian John Bishop, to famous physicist Dr Brian Cox and even the mayor of London Boris Johnson.

After the ceremony, my fellow chemists and I headed over to the George Porter (Chemistry) building, to celebrate with our family, friends, lecturers and each other, and take far too many photographs of us in our graduation attire… We also consumed a few too many glasses of complimentary wine, and tucked into picnic style foods on the steps outside, hiding in the shade as much as possible by this point in the day.

Around 3pm I headed off home with my parents, leaving Leicester as a student for the last time!!

Nikki

About Nikki

Nikki graduated from the University in Summer 2013 with BSc Chemistry and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Nikki

Subscribe to Nikki's posts