Last Family Holiday

Okay hi,

So University is a really exciting time in life. There are so many new things to do, new people to meet, and new people to see. It suddenly seems that there is loads more things you could be doing with your life.

But there are things you have to leave behind as well. There are obvious things you’ll miss, like seeing your friends or family every day, and having a perpetually well-stocked fridge. And there are less obvious things, like the reassuring noise the pipes make in the night, and your sisters pets that you love to hate (maybe that’s just me).

The latest thing I’ve found I have to leave behind is family holidays. Tomorrow, me and my family are going away until the end of July. And we’ve planned it out already and realistically, it can’t be anything short of amazing. But there’s a reason for that. We’ve spent so much time planning it, and my parents have spent more money than usual on it, because we’ve finally come down to our Last Family Holiday.

Some people I know have already done this, and others haven’t. But people don’t seem to treat it as a big deal. And I might be going a little over the top about the whole thing. But to me, it kind of is. I don’t get to see my family often, and to be honest in my family we like to be busy most of the time, so we don’t see each other as often as perhaps we might. So family holidays are always a great time for us to escape together. So it’s quite sad that this is the last ‘official’ time we’ll get to do so.

This post doesn’t really have an overall message. It’s mainly me rambling a bit. But, if I had to pin down a point from this, it would be just that it’s important to remember that although the world is out there, there are some things you can’t take with you.

Loveyoubye

Will

About Will

Will graduated from the University in Summer 2015. Hi! I'm Will, and I'm a Chemistry student in my third year. I love that Chemistry tries to explain how the world works. That, and it's the only subject that involves Bunsen Burners. Away from university, I really enjoy cooking, taking photos, and watching live comedy. I'm also taking a French evening class, and am the President of the Navigators Christian Society.

View more posts by Will

Subscribe to Will's posts