Je suis Charlie

Je suis Charlie. These three words have accompanied many of us in this week. My thoughts are with the families of all victims and the people who are today walking a silent anti-terrorism march along the streets of Paris to commemorate the journalists at Charlie Hebdot and those who lost their lives in the aftermath of the attack. http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jan/11/1m-expected-for-anti-terror-rally-live

Europe is built on values such as freedom of speech, religion, and press as well as respect, humanistic thinking, the rule of law and democracy. I am proud to be part of such a community and we should hold these values highly in the future to generate more understanding and tolerance between each other.

elena

About elena

Elena has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello everyone, I'm a 2nd year Forensic Science student from Germany who also has a passion for Criminology. When I want to relax, I enjoy cooking with my friends, reading as well as archery.I look forward to share my experiences as a distance learner and discuss current events with you.

View more posts by elena

Subscribe to elena's posts