Red cups… it’s a sign

IMAG0309 Yeah, that’s right… red cups.
If you’re a first year, you’ll probably still be trying to get your head around why you keep spending your student finance on Starbucks coffees from the student union. If you’re a second, third, fourth, bla bla bla year, you’ll most likely be thinking what I’m thinking. Yes, that’s right. IT’S CHRISTMAS (well, almost)! Which means that we’ll be off on our holidays very soon, giving us all something to look forward to.

So far my second year’s workload has been three times as much as my entire first year put together, no joke. My daily routine consists of waking up at 9am, sitting through lectures and lab sessions until about 5pm, then going home and working until about 12am. You could say my life is one massive never ending infinite loop (poor computer science joke, I know). Believe it or not, half of the people on my course – including myself – even did an all nighter in the good ol’ Charles Wilson 301 labs last night. For some reason one of our assignments had a lovely deadline time of 9am, so let’s just say everyone had to adjust accordingly shall we? The best part was without a doubt being sat in front of delic!ous eating pizza at 4am. It’s amazing how much bigger the University is when it’s empty.

Also, remember when I spoke about my space invaders program? It’s now finished. I will stick to my promise and share some images of it with you guys once it has been marked and returned to me by my lecturer.

However, that’s it for this post I’m afraid. The main purpose of this post was to actually build up to my next two blog posts for this month. The next post will be about my brand new Samsung Chromebook which I will discuss from the perspective of a Computer Science student and the post after it is going to be a surprise (which actually means I haven’t thought of anything to write about yet).

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about pretty much anything, don’t hesitate to drop a comment.

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts