Letting off some steam… or paint?

Computer Science Paintballing

A lot of my blog posts seem to be made up of me complaining about the workload the beloved Computer Science department throw at me. So I’m going to prove to you all that the end of semester does indeed get slightly better!

As you can see from the image above, we all turned into a bunch of dangerously armed maniacs as a side effect of too many assessed class tests in the same week.
However on a serious note, some of us needed to let off some steam… or paint (terrible, I know). So we decided to go paintballing thanks to the awesome people at Deltaforce Kegworth!

Deltaforce are without a doubt the UK’s #1 paintballing company & to be honest they love students – especially us Leicester students. They normally come to campus for around two weeks an academic year to sell largely discounted tickets at special student prices, so make sure you keep an eye out for them.

The arena was a 45 minute drive from the O2 academy infront of University. A 12 seater minibus only costs around £50 one way, so individuals only pay around £10 each for travel both ways which is pretty cheap for a fun day out.

Basically, there are two teams. Each team consists of 15 players. If you aren’t 15, then you’ll have some extra ‘random’ people thrown into the mix of your team to even the numbers out. The aim is to shoot the other team (duh)! Different maps are played, some where the aim is to protect a leader from being shot, others where the aim is to protect a castle and prevent the other team from raising a flag and so on.

Long story short, paintballing will cost you more or less the same as a night out. I strongly suggest any current students or future students give it a go. It’s great fun and a very good way of venting out any anger you might have built in from the semester.

Paintballing Group

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts