It’s over… finally!

I finished exams last Friday… HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It honestly seemed like a month that would genuinely never end and unfortunately as a result of how hectic my schedule has been I was forced into putting revision over writing my magnificent blog posts 😛
But don’t worry, I’ll make sure I make up for last month and write double as many posts this month!

So, exams… some people like them, others hate them.
On a personal level, I’d probably stick myself somewhere in the middle of the exam-hating/exam-loving spectrum.
I dislike it when a course is entirely focused on coursework & I simultaneously dislike it when a course is focused too much on exam performance.
If the world was perfect (based on my view of perfection, of course), I’d probably want 2 coursework only modules and 2 coursework + exam modules each semester. This semester 3 of my 4 modules were all 60% examination which in a weird way almost makes all the hard work & coursework done throughout the semester look very minute on the module outlook as a whole. In fact, we had so much coursework given to us over our 5 week Easter holiday that most of us didn’t actually end up with enough time to revise for the exams properly, which was a big shame since the second semester of the second year counts towards our final degree classification.

But oh well, it’s over and done with now. Hopefully everyone’s exams went okay. I think I’ll write my next post on the exams I had and how I approached preparing for each exam based on how they all differed & hopefully my techniques will help some of you guys.

As always, thanks for reading!

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts