Richard the 3rd

So, like many other students in Leicester, I’ve had to research who Richard the 3rd is in detail to get a hang of all the hype…

So below are 5 interesting facts I found out about our good friend Rich which I’d like to share with you…

FACT #1 –  Richard the 3rd was the final Yorkist King of England. The Tudors eventually succeeded to rule England after Richards death & the defeat of the House of York versus the House of Lancaster to end the battle of the roses. (YES LANCASHIRE!!!!!!!!! – sorry, born and bred in Lancashire, do the math.)

FACT #2 – Henry the 7th succeeded Richard the 3rd as the first Tudor king of England.

FACT #3 – Richard the 3rd’s corpse was found 2 years ago underneath a modern day cark park in Leicester. (Another reason why you should come to the University of Leicester… Leicester is full of surprises!)

FACT #4 – Building on the last fact, Richard died in the battle of Bosworth Field in 1485, in Leicestershire.

FACT #5 – Last but not least, Richard was also Duke of Gloucester!

Hope you found those facts interesting. Let me know what you think below.

See you later,
Karam

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts