Freshers Flu will soon be upon us my friends…

Yes.
Freshers Flu is a REAL thing.
No.
Freshers Flu isn’t a myth… as I found out the hard way once upon a time!

But seriously, I’m not sure what the cause of it is. I think the main different external factors contribute since:

1. Moving cities/countries is something people always get ill as a result of regardless of context (I always seem to get ill when travelling long journeys, even by car).
  2. If you’re a first year (and therefore haven’t experienced freshers flu before) then you’ll most likely be moving to student accommodation which will unite you with a gazillion other students all who have come to live within meters of you from different parts of the world with different potential viruses & germs you’ve probably never ever encountered before in your life!
  3. If being a party animal is your kind of thing, then you’ll probably find yourself extremely sleep deprived throughout freshers which will of course result in a weaker immune system on your behalf.

If you do manage to get through the first few weeks of University without developing some sort of illness (which I of course hope will end up being the case for everyone) then well done!
If not then make sure you get plenty of rest and keep your ‘going outs’ to a minimum – particularly you rebel first years (congrats to you all by the way)!

That’s all from me for this post, let me know whether any of you encounter freshers flu!

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts