What if I told you… you are allowed internet access during your exam?

As the title asks… what would you say?

Well, believe it or not this may very well become a reality, at least according to OCR exam board chief Mark Dawe based on his comments on a BBC Radio 4 programme – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32531820.

He argued that when students are taught in the classroom, students automatically resort to Google & asking the internet whenever they have a problem, in search of the answer or solution. Therefore they must be examined in a way which reflects how the modern world works. According to him, the current system only tests “how much children can hold in their heads”.

So, what’s your take on this?
As someone who has been a student for nearly most of my life, I can see where he is coming from. We all know those exams which require you to memorise plenty of impractical information only for you to forget it all a few days after your exam is over & you no longer require it.
BUT is this practical for all subjects?

What do you think?
Let me know in the comments below!

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts