Women in FIFA?

Putting aside the current madness revolving around FIFA, Blatter & corruption, let’s talk about the video game for a bit.

Earlier on this week, EA Sports revealed that international women’s teams will feature in the next iteration of the world’s most popular football simulation game FIFA 16. This caused a bit of a social media uprising with some people going as far fetched as saying that this is something done out of pity to satisfy feminists, others saying the inclusion of female teams is useless as nobody will play with them due to the standard being extremely low and much more.

However, what we need to bare in mind I feel is the fact that the inclusion of females within the game might actually spur on plenty more young girls to start playing the game which will not only lead to more sales but in the long run, I believe lead towards females playing video games becoming the norm – as it should be… why should women be treated different to men within this regard?

We live in a day and age where electronics & gaming are on a continuous upwards curve. The same also applies to competitive gaming where in 2015, it isn’t unusual for individuals to earn a living simply by playing or streaming video games and day by day, we start to see more and more females start to get involved more in gaming, leading on to technology and so forth.

So what do you guys think? Will adding females in to FIFA help bring in new younger female players?

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Karam

About Karam

Karam has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Karam and I'm a second year BSc Computing student here at the University of Leicester. I'm also this year's Computer Science sports secretary and possess a strong love for the beautiful game that is of course football. I can speak English, Arabic, HTML, PHP, SQL, VB.NET & Java…

View more posts by Karam

Subscribe to Karam's posts