Varsity!

So, we have ten days until the end of this term and I am wondering where on earth the time has gone! Not only have people got a mountain of essays, portfolios and reports to hand in, there are so many events happening around Uni that really cannot be missed. For instance, I went to the men’s football varsity last night and although they lost, I was pleased that in my last year, I had actually managed to attend a varsity game. Indeed, it was freezing cold and by the end I could not feel my feet, but the atmosphere was great, with a lot of rivalry and chanting between Leicester Uni and DMU. Most sports societies at Leicester have varsity matches, either against DMU or somewhere close by, such as Nottingham, so any you would like to attend, I would definitely recommend. I have also bought a ticket for the Rugby varsity next Wednesday, which I am very excited to watch. I must admit I barely know the rules of rugby by as long as I am cheering for the right team who cares!

Furthermore, it’s not only sports societies who are strutting their stuff, many dancers, singers and other performers are coming together tonight for a show called Rhythm of the Night at the O2 on campus. I am so excited to see this and it should be a great night to round off the term with. I have posted the facebook event, just in case anyone was interested in going, but if not I hope everyone has fun at any varsity matches they may be attending/playing in or any other society events which are coming up.

http://www.facebook.com/events/538862572812245/

Hannah

About Hannah

Hannah graduated from the University in Summer 2013 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Hannah

Subscribe to Hannah's posts

2 responses to “Varsity!”

1. Pantelis

At least girls won in penalties! Really, what was that cold? I mean seriously, it’s MArch!