A bit about me

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. My name is Pantelis, and I am a 3rd year BSc Economics student from Cyprus. Economics have become very popular nowadays with the Euro zone crisis going on. I must admit that it feels very good being able to understand the reforms governments implement and how they work, why a heavy taxation is not always the best solution and how game theory can be proved useful for a company in the competitive market.

My greatest love is music and dance and I am an avid member of the Dancesport team in Leicester University. Unfortunately, this year I’ve loosened up a bit as me and my partner have a lot of studying and are not able to attend every practice and every competition. Nevertheless, I don’t miss any of our weekly lessons as it is something that I enjoy and relaxes me. I may not be a natural dancer but I am excited to learn some of the basic steps of popular Latin and Ballroom dance and I have to say that it feels great to go out and be able to actually dance.

Besides dancing, I enjoy going to the gym, watching films (catching up with TV-series is included) and do some sight-seeing around UK whenever I’m free. Leicestershire’s rich countryside makes it a perfect place to live. Multicultural London also intrigues me as I am always up for a nice theater or a good restaurant (I am so happy that Leicester offers plenty of multicultural events and a variety of different cuisines so I don’t have to run to London all the time).

I will blogging about my course, the University and of course about any other daily activities I get into as student life is not only about studying. Feel free to comment with your questions or thoughts so we can get the conversation flowing.

Pantelis

About Pantelis

Pantelis graduated from the University in Summer 2013 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Pantelis

Subscribe to Pantelis's posts