We are not the only ones though who are trying hard for a proper celebration of the Women’s day. Oxfam society has decided to transform Women’s day into Women’s week and they are organizing many fun and exciting events in co-operation with Amnesty and Activista. As the president of the Oxfam society is my friend I thought I’d give you a brief description of these events.
• On Monday, a pub quiz at the Fat cat Cafe at 07:00pm
• Tuesday: Film showing at Ken Edwards building room 528 at 06:00pm. This year they’ll be showing “Bend it like Beckham” as it’s movie directed by a woman. Last year they showed “Hurt locker”, the 1st movie ever directed by a woman to win an Oscar.
• On Wednesday, an Open Mic night at Sansome’s Bar on Queens Road at 07:30pm
• Thursday: Pie and Policy debate with the final topic of the debate yet to be decided. (I am 100% that it will be something on women)
• On Friday, Oxfam society will be outside Queens Hall with their campaign to highlight inspirational women.
DO NOT forget EOW’s event on Saturday. Click on Celebrating International Women’s Day, Part 1 to read more on this.