As the temperature starts to drop and the sound of sniffling in lectures begins to rise, only one quote can come to mind; Winter is Coming (all credit to Jon Snow).
With winter comes two very important and stressful things for the average university student:
- The inevitable cold that comes every year, to every student
- Exams, Revision, Midterms, Assignments, or more commonly put under the header of STRESS
So, today I thought I would share some of my best tips for working hard, but staying (reasonably) healthy;
- Stock up of medicine
- Get an early one in a while
- Wrap up warm – not to sound like your mum, but you should really put a coat on
- Get your five a day – or at least 3.. Okay, 2.
- Lay off the alcohol – especially when you’re already sick
- Water, water, water !!!!!!
- Wash your hands – but tbh if you’re not already doing this, you’re a lost cause
- Stay positive
- Know when to take a mental/physical/emotional health break
- And if things get really bad speak to your friends/family, go to the doctors, or the ultimate cure; binge watch Gilmore Girls with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s.
So I hope your studying goes well and your immune system keeps up with you, and just remember it’s only 24 sleeps till Christmas!