O2 Academy

One of the best things I think about going to the University of Leicester is that it has its own O2 academy. This means that there are so many opportunities to see some great acts for very reasonable prices. Plus it’s not a huge venue, so it’s a more crowd involving performance.

I’ve only ever taken advantage of it twice, once in my first year (which seems like ages ago now) to see Nero, and then this weekend just gone I saw Bastille perform there, of which are one group I have wanted to see for ages, and they did not disappoint. If you are a fan (or even if you are not, their music is very catchy) I recommend going to see them if the opportunity ever arises.

I will be on the look out for future gigs that are on, which if you want to do so too use the link bellow which will take you to the site with all the upcoming performances:

http://www.o2academyleicester.co.uk/

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts