Merry Christmas!

Having taken a subject like Engineering I have resigned myself to the fact that throughout my University career I will never get a revision free Christmas, what with January exams year in year out. This year I have four exams, one of which is the final exam for the module, so kind of important. With this in mind I have been balancing my social life with my studies, so as not to fail my exams, but also so that I actually have a Christmas break.

One thing I have done is take a day trip to London with my girlfriend last week, to visit the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park where we tried the outdoor ice skating rink. I have to say I’m far better than I remember; and we both managed to remain on our feet throughout the whole hour session that we had on the ice.

Us on the Ice!

Following that we had a wonder around the German markets and the fair ground, although after looking at the prices, which are defiantly not student friendly, swiftly decided to find somewhere else to eat in the local area that was slightly more affordable. This turned out to be a great idea, when we stumbled across a place named ‘Bistro 1,’ offering three courses for ten pounds, bargain!

Bavarian Style Market

Obviously, you can’t go to London at Christmas without seeing the famous tree in Trafalgar square and visiting a few of the department stores to have a look at the Christmas decorations and potentially, pick up a few last minute presents.

Trafalgar Square Tree

Back to the hard work again now as I prepare for January! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and I will blog again soon.

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts