Spotify Research

First week back is now complete for most people, and whilst this time last year I was enjoying a lull after exams where there wasn’t much work, this year is a complete contrast. I have already had lab sessions, been told about work for summer exams, the design project, that I spoke about previously , has a presentation on Monday that I have had to prepare for too. Then on top of all that I had to travel down to London for a 9am careers presentation for the RAF, which involved a lovely 5 am bus from the centre of town.

Something else that I took on this week was some market research work for a company called ‘Seed Marketing’. It involved being sent tasks each day that revolve around music streaming on services like Spotify and YouTube. In this case it was for Spotify who wanted to find out how university students use their service. They offered £70 for an hour’s work (maximum) each day of the week. The tasks were easy things like share music, or use your chosen service to spend 30 minutes discovering new music that you would like to listen too.

This was in my opinion a perfect opportunity to earn a little extra money in a way that had no impact on my studies, as I could do it when I was free. It also opens opportunities to be an ambassador for Spotify at university. Be sure to look out for these kinds of opportunities, they are a great little earner and something to put on your CV if you are interested in a career in marketing.

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts