Back Into the Swing of Things

So we are one week into Fresher’s and your new university student lives and hopefully you are loving it so far! There have been some great events going on run by the students union, not just the nights out but the marquees on campus have been full of local bands, ciders and food. Did anyone try out for any new sports? I know the lacrosse taster session was a great success for new members interested in joining the club.

As a final year though, fresher’s isn’t a settling in period, we are straight back into the swing of things and having to consider our final year projects. By the start of the third week back I need to have decided upon what I would like to base my final year project on and submit my proposal to my tutor.

At the moment I am deciding between a projects where I would model a supersonic heat exchanger, or one that would be based around optimising the University of Leicester’s energy supply system. I am leaning towards the later as it will give me the opportunity to gain skills in optimization and also programming, both of which are great employability factors. When I’ve decided I’ll let you know and keep you updated on my progress through the module. For now though enjoy the final week of fresher’s fortnight and if you haven’t yet, sign up to a society or sports team!

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts