Lets Go Tigers!

One of the best things about living in Leicester has to be the two huge sports teams that it is home too. The Leicester Tigers and also the newly promoted Leicester City football, both of which have weekend matches on a regular basis that are played locally. The Leicester Tigers play at Welford road, which is only a five minute walk from university. Leicester City play at the king power stadium which again is only a short walk from university campus.

The point, which if you haven’t heard of already it’s the unions ticket selling point for all the events that it runs, were selling tickets for Fridays Tigers v Harlequins clash for £10, which is a bargain for such a high key game. So a few friends and myself, went down to watch, where the tigers beat the quins, to end their losing streak, so the atmosphere was great all around the stadium. I have been to see a few games of the tigers now and it’s never a disappointment, I would highly recommend going at some point, it’s a great evening or afternoon out.

I am yet to go and watch Leicester City play but especially with their promotion to the premiership, I’ll be sure to go down there and watch a game at some point before the year is up.

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts