Christmas Ski Trip

Every year the University Ski and Snowboard club (LUSSC) organises a Christmas and Easter ski trip. This year I’ve decided to go on the Christmas trip to Val Thorens.

These trips are always a great opportunity to take whilst you are at Leicester due to the discounted rates that you get due to travelling with the University as a part of such a large group. It costs around £500 (dependant on what extras you want i.e. lessons) which includes ski hire, lift pass and accommodation for the week, which this year is 4 star! This is such a bargain price that you’ll be unlikely to match at any point going on your own, making this the perfect trip for anyone, from seasoned skiers and boarders to people who have never been before (lessons are also hugely discounted).

Normally whilst out there the days consist of hitting the slopes in the day, which due to it being December and Val Thorens being the highest resort in the Alps, means that (fingers crossed!) the snow is normally great. Then in the evening comes all the fancy dress parties and nights out that are in the resort. There are always loads of other Universities out there at the same time so it’s always busy at all times of day.

We leave from Leicester on the last day of term to travel there by coach, which takes about 24 hours, that’s the only downside of the trip. It does mean that I lose a week of my Christmas holidays though so in the meantime I’m having to work hard to cover the revision that I’ll be missing. I’ll post a blog with pictures in January about my time in Val Thorens to help persuade you all to go next year.

Jamie H

About Jamie H

Jamie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi, I’m Jamie and I’m a third year Engineering student here at the University of Leicester. On top of my studies, I’m a keen ski/boarder with the ski club and also a member of men’s rugby union. I’ll be blogging about both my course and my experiences during my time here.

View more posts by Jamie H

Subscribe to Jamie H's posts