A bit about me

I’m Richard, and right now I’m knee-deep in the second year of a BA English-with-Year-Abroad course. I come from down south (-east England, Kent), and I’m the proud Public Affairs Officer of the university’s Film Society. In addition to appreciating films I enjoy writing creatively, which is why I’m studying English, as well as penning this blog, and also taking on the role of Opinions and Debate Editor for the university’s online newspaper Tingo. Each week I’ll be blogging about the aspects of my course that strike me as the most important, particularly those relevant to the University of Leicester: what it means to study English, how to get the most out of studying English, and some of the more interesting side-effects of studying English.

Richard

About Richard

Richard graduated in the Summer of 2014. Richard was writing about the final year of his English degree, having just returned from an Erasmus year in Turin.

View more posts by Richard

Subscribe to Richard's posts

2 responses to “A bit about me”

1. Jemma

It’s really great to come across student blogs like these 🙂
    I have been offered a place at Leciester for BA English, and I’m interested in taking a year abroad. What does this actually consist of, do you know? And I take it that would make your degree last 4 years rather than 3? If you could give me some background info on the year abroad option I’d be really greatful.
    Thanks,
    Take care,
    Jemma.