Firstly, a massive apology for the lateness of this blog! I’ve been obscenely busy but I promise to be better from now on. This third year malarkey really is hard work though. I have so many different things to juggle that I ought to join the circus!
Anyway, I thought I’d use this post as a chance to catch you up on all the miscellaneous things that have been filling up my time.
- I’ve written an essay for my Contemporary Women’s Writing module about how women internalise patriarchal values. I looked at Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar (1963) and Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye (1970).
- I’m a cheerleader so I’ve been cheering on the Leicester American Football team, the Longhorns, at two of their games.
- I’ve read some of Christina Rossetti’s poems, Jane Austen’s Emma (1815), and Tennyson’s In Memoriam (1849) for my Romantics to Victorians seminars.
- I’m an Ambassador for the University and I spent a morning doing fun activities with a group year 6 pupils who were visiting.
- I’ve read Jeanette Winterson’s Oranges are Not the Only Fruit (1985), Margaret Atwood’s Lady Oracle (1976), and Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary (1996) for my Contemporary Women’s Writing seminars.
- I’ve done a powerpoint presentation and written a script for my 3 minute dissertation presentation tomorrow.
- I’ve celebrated my 21st birthday!
By Monday I will also (hopefully) have done my presentation, written a 2000 word dissertation draft and performed a cheerleading routine at the local Christmas fair.
By Tuesday I’m going to need a well-earned rest!