Fitness

So this week, I have been getting more fit. Apart from my walks to and from university every day (which is about 25 mins in total), plus my walking to the city centre and back, I don’t get any exercise. And I blame this partly on expensive gym membership and mostly on the fact that I am just too lazy. I mean, I already look like someone who is fit so I didn’t see the need in actually doing some exercise and being fit. My love for vegetables and healthy eating (usually) means that people automatically assumed I worked out, which I didn’t (until now).

Why the sudden change in attitude? When only last week I was proud of the fact that my last workout was in 2014? Well, the change was due to the fact that I get a free gym as part of my accommodation. Although I’ve known about this free gym for about a month now, I finally got the motivation to go. The free gym is not actually at my accommodation but a 20 mins walk away from my accommodation, which was the reason I didn’t go as soon as I found out. But this previous Wednesday, I finally persuaded myself to go (I used it as an excuse to not go to the library and do work), and I loved it.

Yes that right, I went to the gym, felt like dying after 4 minutes on the treadmill, and I enjoyed it. I even managed to stay for 20 whole minutes on the treadmill even though after the first 4 minutes I could no longer feel my legs. After a 10 minutes break, I even managed to go on the bicycle for 10 mins and survived. And I went back today, and stayed longer than my first time, and didn’t feel like death until after 7 whole minutes this time!!

I hope that I continue my new found love of going to the gym, because for one, I do feel better after a workout, and second and most importantly, I can eat a spoonful of Nutella without feeling guilty.

Khadija

About Khadija

Hey, my name is Khadija, I am an English and History undergraduate student. I will be blogging about my year abroad in France. I am obsessed with History, especially Medieval History and love to read, hence the English half of my degree. Throughout the year I’ll be keeping you updated on all the excitements of living abroad, the differences and similarities to Leicester , and all the things I’ll learn living abroad.

View more posts by Khadija

Subscribe to Khadija's posts