This Time Last Year

Recently I’ve been feeling very sad about the fact that I’m no longer on my year abroad. Especially with all my deadlines and assignments coming up. I’ve been thinking about all my adventures last year and all the wonderful Christmas markets that I won’t be going to this year.

So this time last year I’ll be getting ready for my friend to visit me from Madrid so we can go to Munich and see the Christmas market. I would also be planning my trip around the Alsace region to visit the best Christmas markets in Alsace. This time last year I would be in Strasbourg, the capital of Christmas and waiting for the Christmas markets to start, so that I can experience my first European Christmas market. This time last year, I would have no essays or assignments as I was an ERASMUS student and I only had exams. This time last year, I would have been eating fresh baguettes and drinking really good cheap wine, whilst complaining about the cold. This time last year I would be in my cheap studio apartment and not dealing with messy housemates. This exact day last year, I would be at the Russian ballet watching The Nutcracker.

I really miss my year abroad, my care free life where I could do whatever I wanted to do and not have to worry about grades and graduation. Hopefully this time next year, I’ll be at my graduate job missing my time at uni.

Khadija

About Khadija

Hey, my name is Khadija, I am an English and History undergraduate student. I will be blogging about my year abroad in France. I am obsessed with History, especially Medieval History and love to read, hence the English half of my degree. Throughout the year I’ll be keeping you updated on all the excitements of living abroad, the differences and similarities to Leicester , and all the things I’ll learn living abroad.

View more posts by Khadija

Subscribe to Khadija's posts