Hello! This first blog is an introductory one, letting you know who I am and what I’m up to. I have just finished my first year at the University of Leicester, studying English, where I lived in student accommodation. In September, I shall be going into my second year and living in a rented house with six other people. The entirety of first year has been a mind-blowing experience, where I have been able to do so much, both within my degree and outside of it!
But these experiences and stories will be expanded on a lot more in future blog posts, as I traverse second year and reminisce over the first one. So, in the meantime, I thought I’d take part in Vogue’s 73 Questions, to give you a bit more insight into my… beliefs? Hobbies? Likes and dislikes?
You know, so if you despise everyone who chooses Android above iPhones, you’ll be able to assess me from the off! 😉
Vogue’s 73 Questions
1. What’s your favourite movie?
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
22 Jump Street.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I’m not really a big Hitchcock fan. Birds, maybe? Simply because it reminds me of Birdemic: Shock and Terror.
4. A book you plan on reading?
Purgatorio by Dante.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
To Kill A Mockingbird.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
RuPaul’s Drag Race – I mean, Season 11 is inevitable, right?
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
A solid seven!
8. iPhone or Android?
Android. Sorry, iPhone 4S! I still love you.
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Game Grumps on YouTube. They’re awesome!
11. Favourite food?
Beef chow mien, every time!
12. Least favourite food?
13. What do you love on pizza?
Cheese, peppers, mushroom, chicken, steak. And of course, garlic and herb sauce!
14. Favourite drink?
15. Favourite dessert?
Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge ice-cream, baby!
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Tea in the morning, coffee at night.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
As someone who isn’t a mum, I wouldn’t want to presume! It seems like it’d be tough, but hopefully rewarding!
19. What’s your favourite band?
The Hollywood Undead.
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite sing?
We Are The Hearts by EXGF.
22. If you could sing in a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I do have a tattoo, on my ribs! If I had another one… maybe I’d have it on my foot.
25. To be or not to be?
That is the question.
26. Dogs or cats?
I love both… but dogs.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
Hmm… my laptop, probably. I’m never off that thing.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
My company HAHA… uh, probably a video photo album.
30. Last gift you gave to a friend?
A How To Get Away With Murder mug.
31. What’s your favourite board-game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
I’ve only been to countries once, but Italy was beautiful.
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Greece. It is my dream to see the ruins.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
Doc Martins, they’re flats, right?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
As someone who always stresses, talk it over with someone if the situation is changeable. If not, go out and do something to take your mind of it! Stressing won’t solve the problem.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Chutzpah – “extreme self confidence or audacity”.
44. What’s your favourite flower?
Holly isn’t really a flower… probably a rose, cliché as it is.
45. When was the last time you cried?
Surprisingly, about a week ago. But usually within the last ten minutes.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Sure! Except when I’m rushing at the end of an exam.
47. Do you bake?
Ha! Ask my housemates.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My feet. I’m just not a foot person, man.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
My hands. Or, personality-wise, my determination.
50. Who do you miss the most?
Old friends from way back when.
51. What are you listening to right now?
The Reynolds Pamphlet from Hamilton.
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
Half black and half white! Keep an eye out for me.
57. Eye colour?
A mixture of blue and green.
58. Scary films or happy endings?
Nothing beats a happy ending.
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people, alive or dead, that you’d like to have dinner with?
Lord Byron, Catullus and Cleopatra.
61. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses. Depends on who it’s with, though!
62. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
New York, America.
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lipgloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
I’ll always remember having The Hobbit read to me.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
‘It Isn’t Always Black and White’.
70. Favourite sound?
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
Shego from Kim Possible.
73. Last photograph you took?
Feel free to have a go at the quiz yourself! I don’t know about you, but I adore anything remotely like a personality quiz.
Any answers you vehemently agree or disagree with? Please leave a comment down below!