Touch Down Leicester …

Wrong sport, right? Touch downs have nothing to do with the Leicester Tigers, always good to come past the Welford Road Stadium when I come back into town. It’s only a flying visit mid-Easter break. A weekend in the glorious sunshi… erm… what’s this rain all about?!?! I’ve heard of April showers but this is taking the proverbials. Anyways, aside from a few raindrops on a couple of uncovered suit jackets I’m safely in my city centre flat abode, a chicken Kiev, an episode of The Simpsons and a cup of tea later and I’ll be OK.

So, dissertation is on its way to completion. Found a great journal entry from WG Runciman of Cambridge’s Trinity College on capitalism since the First World War, a great read, good times, good times.

I’ll be shooting out from Leicester Station on Sunday afternoon back down to London St Pancras International (oh, what great transport links we have here in the middle of the country … and if you’re a little tight, as I am from time to time, the National Express goes just about anywhere from here!)

I’m playing a show in London on May 5th just before term starts again, so, if you’re in the capital, please visit this Facebook event link, click “I’m Going” and then come and join me at Club Surya on Pentonville Road just around the corner from Kings Cross/St Pancras station …

Currently listening to a lot of Bob Marley and music from that sunny isle of Jamaica in the hope that it will bring the sun out, but I see no parting in the thick black clouds over Leicestershire ! 🙁

One Love,
Matt x
Film Studies & the Visual Arts
University of Leicester

Matt

About Matt

Matt graduated from the University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Matt

Subscribe to Matt's posts