Good Evening Good Afternoon Good Night !

Hola folks,

So, this week the University of Leicester bloggers had a little awards event, sadly my foray into written word on behalf of the establishment didn’t garner anything. Runner-up here and there but nothing to write home about.

Anyways, it’s all over, final seminar was a ribald revision fest, what fun, and the final screening in the University Film Theatre was Satyajit Ray’s ‘Charulata – The Lonely Wife’ … I hope no-one is offended when I say I wasn’t overly impressed … humanist rom-com that made me crave Indian food and started my stomach rumbling two thirds of the way through. I nipped to Bombay Bites on Rutland Street LE1 staright after the screening … you have to treat yourself from time to time.

What else can I tell you? Revision is starting in earnest. This weekend I’m heading back down to London again to meet up with an orchestral arranger who’s worked with a bunch of lovable ragamuffins, notably Gary Barlow, Mike Rutherford and Scary Spice herself Mel B. Hopefully you’ll hear some soaring strings and toots of brass horns and perhaps the thud sturm and drang of a timapani or twowhen I leave this university behind.

I’m gonna keep on blogging right up until my graduation in July so keep reading and drop me a comment or two if you’ve enjoyed my waffle. I earnestly enjoy your patronage and support … stay cool now won’t you!?

All the best,
Matt H.

Matt

About Matt

Matt graduated from the University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Matt

Subscribe to Matt's posts