5 Things I still want to in Leicester

The end of my time at university is dawning and it’s both sad and terrifying! My plan for next year is to continue living in Leicester, as Leicester has really become my home over the past few years. Many of my friends are returning from their years abroad and many of those I have met this year will still be students in years to come. It’s also not too far from Birmingham where I am from, where all my mates from home are. There are still so many things I want to do in Leicester! I’m not ready to leave yet! Without further ado:

1. Visit the cemetery on university road – Every day I see this and every day I wonder what its like to walk there! Will need to bring a friend though!

2. Become a regular volunteer with The Real Junk Food Project Leicester – having volunteered in December it was an amazing experience and I really want to go back and do more! The project does great environmental and social justice work – and I will do a blog post about this soon.

3. Discover each and every shop in Leicester city center – The Lanes is particularly extraordinary and I always feel like I don’t have enough time to go and nose around each one. Also my friend has recently helped to open up a new Chocolate shop which I am really excited to see – called Cocoa Amore

4. Meet more people – I have really enjoyed how many people I have met whilst socialising at Leicester, and now I am eager to meet more people of different ages from different backgrounds and walks of life.

Frosty morning in Vicky Park

Frosty morning in Vicky Park

5. Try another new hobby – Leicester has really encouraged me to try things that are completely new and challenging. Whether as an alumni student at the University or through public classes, I’m not sure what but I want to try something completely new – maybe try my hand at extreme sports 😛

Hope you enjoyed reading and let me know what things you want to try in Leicester!

Caroline

Caroline

About Caroline

Hey! I'm Caroline and I'm in my second year studying BSc Geography. I have a strong interest in environmental issues and enjoy music, art and volunteering outside of studying. I'll be blogging about my course and life at Leicester as well as proving that Geography isn't just colouring in maps!

View more posts by Caroline

Subscribe to Caroline's posts