Ive just had my final results! Its still sinking in that Uni is all over, but I don’t want it to end! Looking back on this year, I’ve actually achieved so much more than I realised… this year I:
- Got my first ever part-time job, working in the Student’s Union and becoming poster girl for the Union Street Food Market
- Spent over 150 hours of my time on committee work for my society the Environmental Action Society, leading campaigns, events, promoting the society at fairs, on LUSH radio, networking, working social media and more – the society acheiving Campaigning Group of the Year.
- Was invited to attend the Student Awards and commended for Environmental Achiever of the Year
- Spent my summer getting up close and personal with 141 trees, with unprecedented quantities of spiders on despite being an arachnophobe. During the rest of the year wrote a 12,000 word dissertation for which I was an awarded a First!
- Discovered, became volunteer for and became Official Facebook Page Manager for amazing local environmental project the Real Junk Food Project Leicester, turning food destined for landfill into delicious meals for all the community!
- Made many environmentally motivated lifestyle changes including beginning composting andreducing my meat consumption.
- Got my moneys worth out of my Sports Centre Membership.
- After 12 years of waiting, lived my childhood dreams of seeing my favourite band live! #PigsCanFly #That’sWhatIGoToSchoolFor
- Got my first ‘proper’ job working part-time for a local council, since March working 22 hours a week.
- Finally received my certificate for the DofE Gold Award I completed in 2012 (anyone who’s done DofE will appreciate how hard it is to finally send off your DofE booklet)
And most importantly, the whole reason I came to University….
I will be graduating on July 12th with FIRST CLASS HONOURS in a degree I love with all my heart and soul – BSc Geography.
Thanks for everything University of Leicester!!