Hello I’m Simran

Hello, I’m Simran and I’m the new geography blogger. I feel privileged to take over from Caroline. I hope I do as well as she did. May I say, congratulations to Caroline for getting a first class honours. Hope she has a good future ahead of her.

Let’s get started and let me introduce myself. I’m from a multi cultural area  called Southall which is located in West London. I’ll say I’m 15 minutes away from Paddington by train.

The best way to describe Southall is to compare it the vibrant and exotic India.  When you walk along Southall Broadway, you have various shops that sell Asian outfits and jewellery. You have different Asian restaurants with food stalls outside selling Asian pastries.

From Leicester to Southall, it is 3 hours by train and 2.5 hours by car. Therefore it’s not often that I go back home. It took me some time to adjust to the life in Leicester because I went from a busy Londoner’s life to a more relaxing lifestyle. However, Leicester is home to me.

As an upcoming second year, the pressure is truly on to get those grades.   Also in itself it’s going to be a new chapter as well. There will be many differences from first year to second year. First of all, we got to pick our modules for second year which I got pretty excited about because I picked a module about ecosystems!! Secondly I moved out of my first year halls into a studio apartment. Thirdly, I’m not a fresher anymore but I will be one in my heart. I could go on and on about the differences.

There will be so many experiences to face this year. I’ll be looking forward to blog about them all.

Simran 🙂

Simran

About Simran

Hello everyone. My name is Simran and I am a third Geography student. I will be blogging about my adventures as a university student, from flying off to Colombia to staying in a Leicester student house.

View more posts by Simran

Subscribe to Simran's posts