Coursework, calling estate agents and Christmas

It is finally December and first semester is over. There was a massive difference from first year to second year, as the workload did definitely increase and it all counts to your final grade. November was heavily loaded with coursework as there was numerous deadlines. It was just very long nights and lack of sleep but hey, that is university life for you. This was a challenge but it helped me to manage my time but also work to meet those deadlines. It made me realise, how I should prioritise my time. November is over with its endless deadlines.
December is the time where the finally deposits and signing contracts occurs. It’s the season where everyone starts to get their next year houses or flats. December is where majority of people return back home and some students stay in Leicester for Christmas. The last week of term is where last submissions occurs and everyone unwinds. Christmas dinners in most student households and sharing the Christmas spirit. It is those final goodbyes to your housemates gets everyone as they won’t see each other until next year.
It is the end of term, as I am writing this, I am on a coach back home to Southall. It is these moments where I reflect back to first semester. As a second year, my university life is half way through and it just feels like I have started university for the first year. Indeed, I do love my university life and it frightens me that its half way through. However it is all those moments you share with your friends, that makes it so great. My first semester was definitely rememberable from making cookie dough to having a KFC Christmas dinner to being locked out of my flat. Don’t forgot, constantly making new friends.
Now, it is home for Christmas and seeing my family for the holidays. It will definitely be weird to go back at home but, home is where the heart is. So I’m looking forward to see everyone from home and catching up with family and friends.

Enjoy your Christmas guys,
Merry Christmas and happy new year
Simran 

Simran

About Simran

Hello everyone. My name is Simran and I am a third Geography student. I will be blogging about my adventures as a university student, from flying off to Colombia to staying in a Leicester student house.

View more posts by Simran

Subscribe to Simran's posts