Colombia Part 2

I can’t believe my time at the University of Leicester is over. However as promised here is the second week of going to Colombia. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was swimming in the Amazon Basin. I can honestly say that this trip has changed my views about life.

The second week in Colombia was a very different experience as we migrated from Inírida to a different location which was two hours away by boat. In the second week for a couple days, we stayed with a local village where we slept in a big hall on air mattresses. I can honestly say I will not forget this experience as I was the lucky person that had a mattress that deflated during my sleep. By staying within the village, we were isolated from everyone as there was no wifi. It was a good break from society and it was a refreshing moment. The village was located near a river where we bathed. We swam in the Amazon basin and we got to see freshwater dolphins.  It was a breathtaking moment. On the last day, we had a mini competition with the local children in football and volleyball. Guess who won? Well, we did not!

Before I knew it, our time was coming to an end and we went back to Inírida and then Bogotá. Then we were on our flight back to the UK. I will never forget my experience in Colombia and I will always remember it.

Simran

Simran

About Simran

Hello everyone. My name is Simran and I am a third Geography student. I will be blogging about my adventures as a university student, from flying off to Colombia to staying in a Leicester student house.

View more posts by Simran

Subscribe to Simran's posts