Signing up to the University Gym with a Gold Membership was the best thing I did at the start of second year, and I just wish I’d done it earlier. Here are 10 reasons why a University Membership for the gym is a fantastic idea!
- It’s good for your physical health! There is nothing wrong with getting your blood pumping and heart racing a couple of times a week. It can make you stronger, more energetic and increase your stamina. Student’s tend to end up stuck in their rooms or the library doing work and quick hour of exercise can do wonders!
- It’s good for your mental health! There has been a wide range of studies proving that exercise releases endorphins which are little chemicals that make you feel happier. Releasing energy can also ease stress and anxiety. I’m a very stressy person and going to the gym has done wonders for my relaxation!
- Both University gyms have SPA FACILITIES! Now if you’re like me then that is a win within itself. A quick jacuzzi break between lectures is all it took to get me to get that membership! The sauna and steam room can also do wonders for your skin!
- Both University gyms have swimming pools! Swimming is an excellent work out to engage your whole body, and it’s fun! I used to go with a couple of housemates and we would have races. You forget you’re doing exercise when you’re having fun.
- The University offers free inductions! So if you are like me and are feeling a little anxious, you can have an induction where they will show you around and make you feel super comfortable.
- They are student orientated! Meaning that again I felt so much more comfortable!
- The opening times work great around lectures! I could get in a work out before my lectures even started, giving me a real buzz to be productive.
- Fitness classes! Dependent on the type of membership you purchase, fitnesses classes are included in the price. These include spin classes, Zumba, Insanity, Pilates and so many more! They also include digital classes!
- Location! With all gym memberships covering both Danielle Brown on campus and Roger Bettles in Oadby Student Village, you are always super close to your nearest gym.
- Changing Rooms! Both gyms are equipped with showers and hair dryers, which allows you to go between/before lectures without having to spend the day sweaty!
If you want any more information about the sports facilities or memberships head over to the website…HERE.
If you have any questions about the gym, drop them in the comments and I’ll try and answer them as best as possible!