So second year is over and I just wanted to go over and highlight all the things that I am proud of this year because it’s been a tough one.
- I was selected to deliver the Welcome Talks with the Vice Chancellor on Open Days as a Student Ambassador, and received amazing feedback from the marketing team.
- I was then selected to take part in the Royal Visit by the Vice Chancellor for all the hard work I had put in to the Welcome Talks!
- I landed a place on the Geography in Education Module, and then received full marks in my placement!
- I went to a Secondary School in Birmingham and delivered a whole school talk on the Environmental Crisis to over 1000 people!
- I was approached by the Marketing Department and asked to be a video presenter for some vlogs!
- I trained to be a Team Leader as part of being an Ambassador.
- I was nominated by staff for Student Ambassador of the Year.
- I was elected President of the University of Leicester Ambassador Society.
- I was elected Social Secretary of the University of Leicester American Studies Society.
- And finally I completed second year. Which I think I am proud of the most.
University isn’t just about your degree, it’s about learning life skills and taking up opportunities you might not otherwise get. I think the University of Leicester has so many amazing opportunities outside of the actual degree, and that is why I chose it to study at. The experiences I’ve had in just a year are so incredible and I will forever be grateful for that.