The Infamous Geology Red T-shirt Bar Crawl

The University of Leicester geology society organised a series of socials throughout the year, the first of which is always the infamous red t-shirt bar crawl. This is the third year running for me and it still isn’t boring! (although a tired looking table of 4th years may indicate that they have been doing this for too long!) There were around 150 geologists on the bar crawl which is an enormous turnout, and we all had a great time. The idea of the bar crawl is to go from bar to bar throughout the evening doing various challenges that are written on the back of your t-shirt e.g do your party trick and use a geological chat up line. It is a great way to get all 4 years to mingle and socialize together – although the 9 o’clock lecture on Thursday morning was a little more empty than usual! Here are a few photos from the night:

We filled up the streets!

We filled up the streets!

Third year geologists

Third year geologists

It was my friend's 21st as well! (He got his fair share of free drinks)

It was my friend’s 21st as well! (He got his fair share of free drinks)

TTFN!

Eleri

About Eleri

Eleri has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! My name is Eleri Simpson and I'm a 4th (and final!) year geology student at the University of Leicester. The parts of my course that I love the most are: mapping, igneous and metamorphic processes, geochemistry and volcanology. Outside of learning I'm part of the First Aid society and the University concert band, where I play the clarinet. I enjoy evenings at the pub, cooking, walking in the countryside and a good cup of tea.

View more posts by Eleri

Subscribe to Eleri's posts