Cocktails – ‘You guys must be in third year’

It’s a positive correlation; the amount of work you get and how much you party. An obvious fact to students, but until now I didn’t realise just how different I am now to how I was in first year, in terms of how I socialise.

My housemate from last year visited us from her year abroad and we had a few days reuniting and catching up. On the last night we thought it might be nice to go out for cocktails instead of clubbing, so we dressed up, realised it was raining (again) and called a taxi. After climbing into the front seat the first thing the taxi driver said to us after finding out where we were going was ‘You guys must be in your third year’.

It’s true, this year is the first time I have ever been with friends to get cocktails, and it was nice. It allowed us to dress up and look fabulous, but also allowed us to talk without the booming music and sticky floors.  This way we didn’t get to bed too late either!  So when you get bored of clubbing, don’t just give up on socialising – there are plenty more things to do where you get to dress up, sip alcohol and improve friendships.

Eleri

About Eleri

Eleri has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! My name is Eleri Simpson and I'm a 4th (and final!) year geology student at the University of Leicester. The parts of my course that I love the most are: mapping, igneous and metamorphic processes, geochemistry and volcanology. Outside of learning I'm part of the First Aid society and the University concert band, where I play the clarinet. I enjoy evenings at the pub, cooking, walking in the countryside and a good cup of tea.

View more posts by Eleri

Subscribe to Eleri's posts