Life after MGeol hand in

… it does exist! Repeat: I can confirm that life continues after the slow walk to reception, arms laden with around 20,000 words (from 2 paper copies), two CDs and a project diary in order to hand the last 9 months of your life over the counter. The past week has been strangely empty without the constant lists of things to do, words to write and graphs to plot. But it has also been great! Although all I can think now is: imagine what its going to be like after handing in a PhD thesis!

The best bit: Figuring something out on your own from your own data that nobody knew (for certain) before and getting to spend another year with the amazing 4th year geo-heroes

The worst bit: several admittedly late nights in the department trying to finish it off! And all those horrible moments where nothing seemed to be working

Overall experience: totally worth it

Eleri

About Eleri

Eleri has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! My name is Eleri Simpson and I'm a 4th (and final!) year geology student at the University of Leicester. The parts of my course that I love the most are: mapping, igneous and metamorphic processes, geochemistry and volcanology. Outside of learning I'm part of the First Aid society and the University concert band, where I play the clarinet. I enjoy evenings at the pub, cooking, walking in the countryside and a good cup of tea.

View more posts by Eleri

Subscribe to Eleri's posts