Whilst the Christmas break is a time to relax, it also means that January exams are just around the corner. With that in mind, I thought I’d share a few of my tips for surviving the exam period.
- Prepare – Obviously, you have the most chance of success if you spend time putting effort into revising. Make sure you start revision in plenty of time so you can cover everything. I find it helps to practice questions from past exams to get an idea of what sort of thing to expect on the day and practice writing answers.
- Get organised – Revision is a lot easier if you manage your time before exams well. I find it helpful to divide what I need to cover for each exam into bitesize sections and plan when to revise each topic.
- Get some fresh air – If you’re spending lots of time revising then you’ll spend lots of time cooped up inside, so I’d suggest taking some time out to have a break and get some fresh air. Going for a walk or run will help to clear your head, stop you getting stressed and help you focus.
- Stay hydrated – Whilst prepping for exams make sure you drink plenty of water to help you stay focused and concentrate on your work. Also I find it helps to eat well during exam season, even though takeaways are very tempting after a day in the library!
- Find where you need to be – You might find that you have exams in a different building to where you usually go, so make sure you find where the room is a few days before the exam so you’re not worrying about it on the day. Also make sure you have everything you need to take for the exam (pens, calculator, student card etc.) ready to go the night before so you don’t have to worry about that on the day either.
- Stay Calm! – I know this is easier said than done, but try not to panic too much about your exams. Staying calm will help you to focus on revision and stay motivated.
I hope this tips help you to have a happy and successful exam season. I’d like to wish everyone who has January exams the best of luck, I hope everything goes well for you!